Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Back to the Begining

The first garter I created was for a great friend, Nicole.


Her wedding was a simple, clean, and crisp event. It was outside and her colors mimicked the colors that surrounded us. Pale greens, cream, and brown. It was a small event and she decided to not do a garter toss so I created just a keeper for her. Since it was my first creation I hand sewed every stitch.


"Nicole" - Simple toss garter, cream lace, celedon ribbon, thin cream ribbon with thin brown accent, signature SomethingBlue ribbon incorporated into the bow. $35



My second creation was for my friend Ashly.


Ashly had a summer wedding with browns, creams, and beautiful yellow/orange calla lilies. I couldn't decide exactly what I wanted to make for Ashly so I made her an array to choose from.

"Ashly Keeper" - Cream lace, brown satin accent, red grosgrain with orange polka dot accent, sheer brown bow with cream polka dots, brown with orange bow accent, signature SomethingBlue ribbon incorporated into the bow $40



"Ashly Skirted Keeper" - cream lace, brown satin accent (sewn higher to create 'skirt'), sheer orange bow with satin edges, thin brown bow accent, signature SomethingBlue ribbon incorporated into bow $35



"Ashly Toss" - cream lace, brown grosgrain accent with cream polka dots, orange sheer bow with satin edges $15 ($10 with coordinating keeper)


"Ashly Thin Toss" - 1in. cream ribbon, brown satin accent, sheer orange accent with satin edge, sheer brown bow with cream polka dots $15 ($10 with coordinating keeper)


No comments:

Post a Comment